January 10, 2020
The medical billing verification process can be one of two things: easy or hard. It’s as simple as that. Depending on the patient’s medical insurance provider, it may only require filling out an online form. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Soon, your staff is left jumping through hoops and attempting to trudge through the intricate details put forth by these insurance companies that you might find yourself looking for a professional for help. Fortunately, the process for verification doesn’t have to be so difficult, especially when using a trusted third-party billing company. Read on to learn more about the medical billing verification process, so you and your staff can better assist your patients should they have questions.
What is the Process?
If you or your staff are unsure about what you need to do to ensure all the appropriate steps are taken for proper medical verification, here is a breakdown of the process and what is involved along the way:
- Collecting insurance material while scheduling the appointment: This allows you to speed up the verification process by already having the appropriate information from the start.
- Reviewing the insurance card: When the patient arrives, it’s important to compare their insurance card against the information they provided when their appointment was scheduled, as this ensures there are no changes or additional medical insurance coverage.
- Verifying their available coverage: Whether completing the process via an online form or by phone or mail, it is most beneficial to apply for preapproval since most dentist’s offices cannot provide in-network benefits for sleep apnea treatment.
- Maintain updated billing information: If you have a patient who is also using your dentistry services, make sure to update their medical insurance information at the same time any changes need to be made to their dental coverage.
- Communicate: This is key when ensuring your patients receive the maximum benefit. Leaving them unaware of what is going on can leave them filling unappreciated and unimportant. Keep them updated on the process and any next steps.
Why Let a Third-Party Billing Company Help?
You and your staff have enough to think about, so when trying to add medical billing onto the list of responsibilities, it can become an overwhelming task. This is why enlisting the help of a third-party billing company can alleviate any unnecessary stress and allow your staff to get back to what is most important – helping the patients.
For information on how you streamline your processes, don’t hesitate to reach out to the individuals at Brady Billing who can make the medical insurance aspect of your practice easier to handle. Providing medical billing verification in 24 hours, you won’t have to worry about wasting time waiting for the insurer to reply.
About Brady Billing
Want to make the medical billing process easier on you and your staff? At Brady Billing, we specialize in dental offices that provide sleep medicine services and offer billing verification services for dentist’s offices throughout the country. We can assist in helping you better meet the needs of your patients by removing the stress of managing their medical insurance. We can also answer your questions and provide a complimentary consultation to discuss available services. To find out how we can help you, visit our website or call (844) 424-5548.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.